The Metropolitan Development Agency of Thessaloniki (MDAT) is an intermunicipal legal entity that:
- carries out applied research on the pivotal problems of the local and regional government with an expertise in sustainable development, environment and infrastructure.
- researches, documents and provides updated information on its areas of activity through economical, technical and environmental feasibility studies.
- co-operates with numeral European municipalities and regions as well as with international and national organizations such as research and academic institutions, Non Governmental Organisations European Cooperation Networks and private companies.
- applies for programmes and projects to national, European and international institutions on behalf of the City of Thessaloniki
- Coordinates, designs and implements the “Resilience Strategy of Thessaloniki” in the context of the participation of the city in the 100Resilient Cities initiative pioneered by the Rockefeller Foundation for the development of urban resilience in the city of Thessaloniki. The MDAT created and staffed a new department of Urban Resilience and Strategic Design to develop this initiative. (2014-2019)
Metropolitan Development Agency of Thessaloniki S.A.
Vas. Georgiou A’1
GR 54640, Thessaloniki Greece